This church year collection for the Festival of Sharing will be somewhat different. Each month, the team will collect donations for one specific “Sharing Pack.” This format will make the process of collecting and assembling donations less stressful for the team as the ingathering approaches each fall.
For the month of December, the focus is on the “Missouri Student Dental Pack” project. These are targeted for elementary school age children. Each pack should contain:
- 4 child-size soft toothbrushes (in original package)
- 2 adult soft toothbrushes (in original package)
- 1 fluoride toothpaste (6 oz. or more)
- 1 dental floss (any size)
The need for these packs has exceeded the number available. In 2017, there were requests for 3,535 student dental packs, but only 2,922 were provided. Collection boxes are available in the church Greeting Area.
– Bonnie Johnson, Festival of Sharing Chair