After deep consideration by the Worship Associates and with the full support of the Board of Trustees, we have made the decision to consolidate back to one worship service at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings starting Sunday, Dec. 1. Forum will meet at 9 a.m. as always, and Mindfulness Meditation will take place from 9:30 to 10:10 a.m.
There several reasons for this decision. We added an early service to relieve crowding in the sanctuary, but after giving it a good and committed try over four years, we found that the 9 a.m. service never really reached the critical mass necessary to be sustainable, averaging only around 20-30 in attendance. It seems that it is not the solution we are looking for at this time.
Additionally, we feel the early service is not currently the best use of the substantial volunteer and staff time it requires. We want refocus our energies, especially as we prepare to consider a major building improvement project.
We look forward to worshiping together again as one big community on Sundays!
Here are some ideas for how you can help ensure there is enough space for everyone and particularly for visitors:
- Park in the Shepard Elementary School parking lot and leave closer parking spaces for visitors. Even better, consider carpooling or biking to church!
- Move to the middle of your row in the sanctuary, thereby leaving the outer seats for late-comers and visitors.
- Use the front rows in the sanctuary.
- Look out for visitors who seem unsure where to sit on a Sunday and invite them to sit with you or help them find an empty seat.
- Encourage your children to sit up front on the RE rug before they head to class.