For more than 25 years there have been interfaith community CROP Hunger Walks to raise funds for hunger relief around the world, in the US and in each community. Because of the pandemic, this year there will not be a communal hunger walk.
Instead please gather with friends and family and participate in a “Micro Walk” at a location of your choice. Take a selfie of your group and post it on your and Columbia CROP’s Facebook pages. Plan a self-guided “CROP Hunger Walk Food Partners” tour to all five of our local partners and post five selfies. The partners are:
- Loaves and Fishes Soup Kitchen
- Russell Chapel Community Food Pantry
- Destiny Worship Center Food Pantry
- Fifth Street Christian Church Food Pantry
- Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture (as a supporting partner, CCUA will not receive funds raised from the CROP Walk).
Form a team, collect funds, and then come by the CROP Hunger Walk “Donation Drop-off” in the parking lot of Broadway Christian Church, 2601 W. Broadway, Columbia, from noon to 3 p.m. on Sept. 20. You can also donate online to the Columbia CROP Hunger Walk.