A message from Rev. Molly
Your Pandemic Task Force and I are overjoyed to see our community transmission rates of Covid-19 reach the lowest numbers that we have seen since last summer. While we recognize the situation may continue to shift, right now we are grateful for a moment to relax a bit. Here’s what that means for church right now:
- We will continue to require masks for worship and religious education for the time being as we move forward slowly into the next normal. We will let you know when the Pandemic Task Force is ready to make masking optional.
- We are going to SING together (in our masks), starting this coming Sunday, March 20. I am OVERJOYED! This includes congregational hymn singing, AND the choir is re-gathering too, for any of you who are ready to raise your voices together as a spiritual practice. Rehearsals are at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the church.
- We are resuming coffee hour! When weather allows, we will have coffee set up after the service outdoors and the greeting area doors propped open. We invite folks to move between the space outdoors or indoors according to their safety needs and comfort levels. On rainy Sundays we will set up coffee in the greeting area after the service and invite folks to spread out into the sanctuary for plenty of space.
- We will, always, continue to offer a live-stream of our worship and online options for as many events as possible as we live into our in-person and online future. We invite you to use the option that works best for you, for any reason at all!
- We will be planning more fellowship events in the coming months to continue reconnecting – perhaps even a return to potlucks later in the spring. Let me know if you’d like to be involved in planning fellowship opportunities!
As some of you regain comfort with being involved in the collective life of the church, we could use your help! We are currently looking for volunteers to usher, greet, help April with coffee hour, join our Livestream Team, and teach or aide in our Sunday school classrooms – even signing up once every month or six weeks is a huge help! Let me know if you’d like to be connected with these easy and fun volunteer opportunities!
I feel a sense of surging energy for our spiritual and social life together, and I can’t wait to see what emerges for our community in the coming months and year. Happy Spring!
See you in church!