Final Generosity Team Report – April 11, 2022
Generosity isn’t just a concept with our church, it is real! The pandemic may have changed the way we worship, interact and share with one another, but it hasn’t dampened our sense of community. Thanks to your responsiveness, we successfully increased our annual pledge total to $290,000, exceeding last year. Most impressively, half of our members were able to increase their pledges in support of our church and our ministries. We have added a number of new pledging members. This positions us well for reaching our goal of $325,000 in member contributions each of the next two years.
This campaign’s success was a direct outcome of the contributions of time and effort given freely by so many. The planning phase began in November, with much energy among our generosity team – Kevin and Lisa Fritsche, Stacy Pottinger, Jan Swaney and Sam Buffaloe, supported by Rev. Molly and consultant Rachel Maxwell. Lisa and a team of 12 coordinated the preparation and delivery of the care packages. Kevin and the team of 18 stewards reached out and held meaningful conversations with most members. This information will be shared with the board and executive team, providing invaluable guidance for the coming year. Sam Buffaloe’s creative skill fashioned interviews from some willing members, into joyous videos of personal giving stories. Steve Scott readily posted information and updates on our website.
Despite our efforts, if you did not have a direct conversation with a steward and would still like to, please reach out to one of the co-chairs and we can make that happen!
We are grateful beyond measure for all the gifts received and promised for the year ahead. Your kindness, generosity and solidarity have come when we need them most.
– Susan Even and Rosie Geiser, co-chairs
How much do we need to do our work?
Our annual budget is $370,000
- 2/3 for fair wages and benefits for our amazing staff
- 1/3 for building maintenance, utilities, software, insurance, UUA, ministry teams, programs
- Faith-to-Action – we give an additional $30,000 per year to charitable community organizations
Where does the money come from?
- $ 300,000 – Annual gifts from members
- $ 70,000 – Rentals, investment interest, fundraising, Sunday offerings
- PLUS substantial amounts from prior years’ surplus reserves (which are depleting)
Our Goal – $350,000 in annual gifts from members
Over the next 2 years we want to increase total annual giving by $50,000 to match amounts used from our surplus to support the future we envision together.
Giving information from last year
- Our gifts are wide-ranging from $50 and $26,000 per year or about $5 to $2,200 per month
- Our mid-point gift is $1,323 per year or $110 per month
- Our 80-percentile gift is $3,000 (20% of gifts are at or above $3,000 per year or $250 per month)
View the Generosity Campaign videos
Watch for some of our members’ personal stories of how giving has transformed them here.
Think deeply about these questions
Have you been cared for by this community and has this community helped you care for others?
Looking at your monthly or annual commitments, what gift would be meaningful to you?
In the next two years, can you make a significant increase that will help us meet our goal?
Ways to share your 2022-23 annual gift
- Pledge securely online
- Share amount with the UU steward who will be calling or emailing you
- Complete the form you received in the mail and mail it to: UU Church of Columbia, 2615 Shepard Blvd., Columbia, MO 65201.