Amended/Restated Articles of Agreement of the
Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbia, Missouri
Effective March 22, 2013
1. NAME: The name of the corporation is the Unitarian Universalist Church of Columbia, Missouri.
2. TYPE OF CORPORATION: The corporation is a public benefit corporation.
3. DURATION: The duration of the corporation is perpetual.
4. PURPOSE: The corporation shall have the purpose of engaging in any lawful activity in furtherance of its religious vision and mission, as discerned and articulated from time to time by its members.
5. POWERS: The corporation shall have all powers conferred upon not-for-profit corporations organized under Chapter 355 RSMo. and any successor provisions thereof, but shall exercise such powers only in fulfillment of its stated purpose. The corporation shall not be used for either business purposes or for the pecuniary gain or profit of its members, and no part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of any private individual within the meaning of Section 501(c)(7) of the Internal Revenue Code.
6. REGISTERED OFFICE AND AGENT: The registered office of the corporation is 2615 Shepard Blvd., Columbia, MO 65201-6132. The name of the registered agent is Kathie Bergman.
7. MEMBERS: The corporation shall have a single class of members who shall be entitled to elect and remove members of the Board of Trustees and to adopt and amend bylaws. The Board of Trustees shall not have the power to adopt or amend bylaws.
8. BOARD OF TRUSTEES: The number and terms of Board of Trustees members shall be established by the corporation’s bylaws, but the board shall always consist of at least three persons.
9. OFFICERS: Subject to the requirements of §355.431 RSMo., the officers of the corporation shall be as provided in the bylaws.
10. DISPOSITION OF ASSETS UPON DISSOLUTION: The corporation may be dissolved upon the adoption of a plan of dissolution in the manner now or hereafter provided in Chapter 355 RSMo. In the event of dissolution of the corporation, no liquidating or other dividends and no distribution of property owned by the corporation shall be declared or paid to any private individual, but the assets of the corporation shall be distributed as follows:
a. The assets shall first be applied to payment, satisfaction, or compromise of all liabilities and obligations of the corporation, or adequate provisions shall be made therefor; and
b. Remaining assets shall be distributed to the Unitarian Universalist Association, an organization described in §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or its successor, for general purposes. If the Unitarian Universalist Association ceases to exist and has no successor, remaining assets shall be distributed to one or more organizations described in §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code as determined in the plan of dissolution.
11. EFFECTIVE DATE: The effective date of this document is the date it is filed by the Secretary of State of Missouri.
[Note: This document was filed by the Secretary of State on March 22, 2013.]