From Jamila Batchelder, Director of Religious Education:
- Pre-Kindergarten: Our youngest will be learning about our church and its communities and traditions, as well as practicing the social skills that are at the heart of community-building.
- Kindergarten-2nd graders: We will be learning about our UU Seventh Principle and our interconnections with the earth and all its inhabitants.
- 3rd-5th graders: We will be learning about famous UUs, from explorers to doctors to cooks, and how their UU faith inspired the important work they did.
- 6-8th graders: We will be learning about other religions and in the process learning about our own UU faith and our belief in connection. In this ever-popular program we will be visiting houses of worship across Columbia.
- High Schoolers: The high schoolers will as always create their own curriculum of learning and fun.
- Service Sundays: Our monthly service project in which we live out our great covenant: “Love is the spirit of this church, and service is its law.”
- All-Ages Worship: Our monthly all-ages worship services will give us a chance to worship together and let our children experience the ritual life of our church.
February 2023 R.E. class schedule
- Feb. 5: Service Sunday
- Feb. 12: All-Ages Valentine’s Day Service
- Feb. 19: Regular R.E. Classes
- Feb. 26: Regular R.E. Classes – Regular R.E. Classes
Junior Youth – 6:30-8 p.m. Feb. 10
Junior Youth will meet to play a campaign of the role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons. No experience needed! RSVP if you plan to attend.
5th-6th Grade OWL parent orientation – 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 9
If you would like your child to participate in 5th-6th grade OWL, join us for this mandatory parent orientation. Childcare available upon request.