From Jamila Batchelder, Director of Religious Education:
- Pre-Kindergarten: Our youngest will be learning about our church and its communities and traditions, as well as practicing the social skills that are at the heart of community-building.
- Kindergarten-2nd graders: We will be learning about our UU Seventh Principle and our interconnections with the earth and all its inhabitants.
- 3rd-5th graders: We will be learning about famous UUs, from explorers to doctors to cooks, and how their UU faith inspired the important work they did.
- 6-8th graders: We will be learning about other religions and in the process learning about our own UU faith and our belief in connection. In this ever-popular program we will be visiting houses of worship across Columbia.
- High Schoolers: The high schoolers will as always create their own curriculum of learning and fun.
- Service Sundays: Our monthly service project in which we live out our great covenant: “Love is the spirit of this church, and service is its law.”
- All-Ages Worship: Our monthly all-ages worship services will give us a chance to worship together and let our children experience the ritual life of our church.
October R.E. class schedule
Oct. 2 – Outdoor All-Ages Service: Blessing of the Animals
Oct. 9 – Regular R.E. Classes
Oct. 16 – Regular R.E. Classes
Oct. 23 – Regular R.E. Classes
Oct. 30 – All-Ages Halloween Service
Junior Youth – 6:30-8 p.m. – Oct. 14
Junior Youth will meet for fort building and a Smash Bros gaming tournament. All middle-schoolers are invited! RSVP by email to DRE Jamila Batchelder.
Fall Nature Celebration – Noon-1:30 p.m. Oct. 16
Join us in a celebration of the season and an opportunity to form a spiritual connection to the natural world on the grounds of our church! We will share a potluck and then an opportunity to engage in several activities of nature celebration, from befriending a tree to creating a nature mandala.
Pumpkin Carving Party – Noon-1:30 p.m. Oct. 30
Join us in for a pumpkin carving party! Pumpkins and a lunch of vegetarian chili will be provided. RSVP by email to DRE Jamila Batchelder.