The intimacy of the UUCC Chalice Circle groups is one way to enrich our members’ lives with greater depth of meaning. This regular spiritual practice complements our Sunday morning services as it builds on the monthly themes set by the minister and worship team. It is a place to share deeply with each other, to build lasting and caring relationships, and to strengthen our church’s sense of community. Each Chalice Circle has seven to 10 members and meets at least once a month. Read more.
The signups below reflect the available number of open spots in each Chalice Circle for 2023-24 based on the number of continuing members from last year plus new members already signed up for this year. Continuing and new members are listed for each circle as of the start of 2023-24 signups. Here are the Chalice Circles with available spots:
- 2nd Mondays at 6:45 p.m. via Zoom starting Sept. 11 – online women’s group – Robin Duple and Victoria Day, facilitators. Continuing members: Marcie Brennan, Elaine Martin, Casey Holmes, Carole Simon, Barbara Carter.
- 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 7 p.m. at church starting Sept. 13 – Qhyrrae Michaelieu and Crystal Buffalo, facilitators. Continuing and new members: Gretchen Maune, Larry Lile, James Cutts, Lindsey Tevebaugh, Connie Johnmeyer, Kevin Fritsche.
- 2nd Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at church starting Sept. 13 – Lisa Fritsche and Lynn Malley, facilitators. Continuing members: Jeanne Murphy, Ruth Milledge, Sharon Huntze, Susan Even, Kathy Nettleton.
- 2nd Sundays at 4 p.m. at Lenoir Woods starting Sept. 10 – Rosie Geiser and Dottie Mathews, facilitators. Continuing members: Meredith Donaldson, Bonnie Johnson, Mark Johnson, Ellen Atkins, Kim Wade, Diane Suhler, Kaeden Ensign, Elaine Martin. (Note: This circle is full, so there is no signup below.)
- 2nd Thursdays at 7 p.m. at church starting Sept. 15 – Christine Heath, facilitator. Continuing members: Jeremy Duke, Kyna Byerly-Duke, John Noller, Shanon Fender, Tim Dickerson, Matt Bossaller, Jenny Bossaller.
- 2nd Thursdays at 7 p.m. at church starting Sept. 15 – Kathie Bergman, facilitator. Continuing members: Jordan Alexander, Roger Nettleton, Patty Daus, Vic Myers, Barbara Boshard, Roy Wheeler.
- 3rd Mondays at 7 p.m. via Zoom starting Sept. 18 – Gretchen Maune facilitator. Continuing members: None.
If you want to sign up for a Chalice Circle but the signups are full, please email the Chalice Circle Leadership Team because new circles can be formed when needed.